Group Chats Filter WhatsApp Feature Testing has Started
Group chats filter start testing Meta, the parent company of Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp, is rapidly developing WhatsApp, with a new addition called ‘Group Chats Filter’. Now the new WhatsApp version 22.214.171.124 has been released on the beta program of Google Play website in which users can use chat filters.
It was first reported by WABTA Info which is also a leading portal with the latest WhatsApp news. Filter options will allow group moderators and others to control conversations and messages. It also facilitates messaging management and preferences. Under the feature, a complete list of group chats can be created and individual conversations can also be extracted. Although the business filter has been removed, the personal filter has been renamed to “Contacts”.
Then a tab name Groups is create which will do the filtering. This way the app will help keep group chats organized. People who are connect to multiple WhatsApp groups at the same time will also benefit the most. These may include work, family interest groups, and others.
After testing, Featuring is part of WhatsApp
But still, only a few people using this feature and it will be made part of WhatsApp only after full testing. Remember that WhatsApp is also working on other amazing features. Among them, one feature is emailing verification, another feature is to hide IP addresses during a call, and other features are also consider.
Upgrading their System
Most social media apps are upgrading their system and introducing new things in their apps, just as “X”, “Meta” ‘And thread apps” are innovating and adapting themselves to modern requirements, similarly WhatsApp is also updating its system. and making changes that will provide more facilities to the users.
Popular Messaging Platform
WhatsApp is a popular messaging platform that allows users to create and participate in group chats. With the increasing number of participants in a group chat, it can sometimes become difficult to keep track of important messages or conversations. To address this issue, WhatsApp has introduced a Group Chat Filter feature, which allows users to filter their group chats based on specific criteria.
To access the Group Chat Filter feature, follow these steps
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Go to the “Chats” tab.
- Tap on the desired group chat that you want to filter.
- Once you are in the group chat, tap on the name of the group at the top of the screen to open the Group Info page.
- Select “Group Settings” from the drop-down menu.”
- Tap on “Filter Chats.”
Creating a Filter
To create a filter for your group chat, follow these steps
- From the “Filter Chats” page, select “Create New Filter”.
- You will present with a list of available filter criteria. Tap on the criteria that you want to use for your filter.
- Depending on the selected criteria, you may need to provide additional information. For example, if you choose to filter by “Media,” you can select the specific types of media you want to filter.
- Once you have selected the desired criteria and provide any necessary information, tap on “Create” to save your filter.
Applying a Filter
To apply a filter to your group chat, follow these steps
- On the “Filter Chats” page, you will see a list of all your created filters.
- Tap on the filter that you want to apply.
- Once the filter is apply, you will only see the messages that meet the select criteria in the group chat.
- To remove the filter and see all messages again, tap on “Clear Filter” at the top of the screen.
To manage your filters, follow these steps:
- On the “Filter Chats” page, you can view and edit your existing filters.
- To edit a filter, tap on the filter and make the necessary changes.
- To delete a filter, swipe left on the filter and tap on the “Delete” button.
Chat Filter feature
The Group Chat Filter feature in WhatsApp provides users with a convenient way to filter their group chats based on specific criteria. By following the steps outlined in this documentation, you can easily create, apply, and manage filters to streamline your group chat experience.